Week 3: The global economic crisis and its impact on Costa Rica
The Tico Times article below came out two weeks ago, but it's still timely and can give us a bit of a road map for our discussion.
To get us started: According to the article, what challenges will Costa Rica face? Do you agree, or disagree? (click image to enlarge) See you in the comments section!
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi Beverly! I can't see the article. I don't know if my classmates have the same problem, but in my case I couldn't leave my comments because of that. I'll try again at night. See you tomorrow. César
I couldn't see the image at work, but it worked at home.
I agree with the article, it touches the main risks Costa Rica can face because of the global crisis. One of the topic of great interest is the currency because if you analyze the variables it seems that we should face a depreciation. But as the currency is priced by a range to have an adjustment Central Bank has to move it or change the slope, and after two movements the actual currency regime has lost credibility.
The lack of credibility can make harder for the Central Bank to apply policies.
What are your thoughts in Central Bank credibility and the action margin to act on currency? One should think if BCCR continues losing reserves and the external deficit ge
In keeping up with 21st century trends, we thought it would be a great learning opportunity and just plain cool to bring a bit of the classroom onto the World Wide Web. See you online!
4 comments:
Hi Beverly!
I can't see the article. I don't know if my classmates have the same problem, but in my case I couldn't leave my comments because of that. I'll try again at night.
See you tomorrow.
César
If you click on the image, or double-click better said, it will enlarge.
I also tried clicking once and the image enlarged. Does this help?
Silvia said,
I couldn't see the image at work, but it worked at home.
I agree with the article, it touches the main risks Costa Rica can face because of the global crisis. One of the topic of great interest is the currency because if you analyze the variables it seems that we should face a depreciation. But as the currency is priced by a range to have an adjustment Central Bank has to move it or change the slope, and after two movements the actual currency regime has lost credibility.
The lack of credibility can make harder for the Central Bank to apply policies.
What are your thoughts in Central Bank credibility and the action margin to act on currency?
One should think if BCCR continues losing reserves and the external deficit ge
Post a Comment